Recommended Cleaning Guidelines for Icom Radios and Accessories
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Icom is providing recommended cleaning guidelines for Icom radios and accessories.
Do not use bleach or detergents, even if diluted. It may cause damage or deterioration.
- Turn off the radio to avoid heat generation or a malfunction.
- Apply over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol, with a concentration of 70% to 80% diluted with water, on a soft, dry cloth and gently wipe down the surfaces of the product.
a. Do not apply or spray the solution directly on the product, or soak it in the solution.
b. Avoid wiping the antenna or the transparent acrylic plate of the display as much as possible since rubbing alcohol can damage resin parts.
- Make sure that the product batteries are sufficiently dry before using or charging them.
- We recommend disinfecting your hands before and after using the product.
- We do not guarantee compatibility with all rubbing alcohols. We recommend that you first try it on an inconspicuous part of the product.
- Carefully read the precautions for rubbing alcohol before using it.
- In the unlikely event that the product is damaged, or malfunctions due to rubbing alcohol, the cost of repairs or replacement of parts may be borne by the customer.
Regular Care (Dirt Removal)
Wipe the product off with a soft, dry cloth. If it is extremely dirty, wipe it with a soft cloth moistened with water. Never use detergent or organic solvents (thinner, benzine, and so on). It may cause damage, paint peeling, or deterioration.